The architecture of God

The architecture of God is a photographic project that has as its subject the spaces of religious minorities in Italy. After the Catholic Church which holds 74.4% of the total population, the remaining 25.6% is divided among the various religious movements.Therefore, my work aims to give an identity to this percentage by taking a picture of the sacred space for each culture.

The spaces that are photographed are those used for the rites, the architecture plays the role of gathering a community and transmitting its cult; every picture, in fact, if carefully observed, reveals the details of the various beliefs.

Each religion has got its own shapes, colors and uniqueness. My project wants to bring the attention on this differences and making understand the viewer of the spectacular religious diversity which lives in the city of Rome.

The architecture of God will give me a 360 degree view on the contemporary religious scene, highlighting realities that very often are left out, after all I think that the civilisation of a country can be judged based on its dialogue with other religions; because as Gandhi says “God has no religion”.